Individuals – Getting Started
• Contact us for an appointment. E-mail and telephone appointments are also acceptable.
• Download the Individual Tax Organizer and complete it to the best of your ability. This form will help identify and organize your tax information.
• Gather together all tax forms and statements (e.g., Forms W-2, 1098, 1099, Charitable Donations, real estate closing statements, etc).
• Provide a copy of your last filed individual income tax return, if not prepared by us.
• Bring all tax information to our appointment. Paperwork can also be mailed, faxed, or e-mailed as a PDF attachment.
Businesses – Getting Started
• Contact us for an appointment and requests for bookkeeping write up service.
• Download the Tax Information Checklist and use it as a guide for gathering information.
• Notice to our Bookkeeping clients: we compile your financial data in the proper format for income tax reporting.
• Did you have employees or independent contractors? Provide copies of IRS Forms W-2 and W-3 (employees) and/or Forms 1099 and 1096 (independent contractors).
• Provide a copy of the last filed business income tax return and fixed asset depreciation schedule, if not prepared by us.
Tax News & Articles
• Read our most recent tax newsletter on current issues that may concern you.
• Learn how automobile expenses can be a deduction on your income tax return.
• This flowchart makes it easy to know when travel expenditures are tax deductible.
• Questions? Write them down and bring them to our appointment.
We hope you enjoy reading these articles. New articles will be added from time to time where appropriate. Remember to sign up for our E-mail newsletter and to refer back to this web site for important news and information.
…and don’t forget to refer us to a friend!