Are you a person of integrity that enjoys helping others? If so, you might be a good fit for our team. The nature of our work requires commitment to adapting and learning about people from a variety of different backgrounds. We are supportive of our team and committed to excellence. A flexible and enjoyable work environment encourages natural curiosity and willingness to learn, which are common traits in our office.
Contact Peter for additional details.
Preparation of income tax returns, conducting tax research, and resolving various tax inquiries. Background in accounting or bookkeeping desired. Some duties involving representation before the Internal Revenue Service are possible depending on licensure and experience. Flexible hours, seasonal, part-time, and/or full-time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparation of federal and state income tax returns, including amended and prior-year returns, for entities, businesses, and individuals
- Adjust compiled financial statements for further use with income tax reporting
- Review, research, and resolve general inquiries, including notices from taxing authorities received by or for clients of the firm
- Use critical thinking skills to arrive at appropriate conclusions and communicate effectively
- Occasional tax research and communications with clients
- Minimum licensure: Oregon LTC; Helpful designation: Enrolled Agent, CPA or Tax Attorney
- Understanding of generally accepted tax accounting principles (GATAP) used in financial bookkeeping compilations
- Experience with Ultra Tax, QuickBooks Online (QBO), and MS Office suite
- Must be available full-time during mid-January to mid-April, flexible scheduling and hours available after peak season
- Optional licensure to represent clients before the IRS is helpful (EA, CPA or Tax Attorney)
- Compensation commensurate with knowledge and experience; hourly with performance and seasonal bonuses; integrity and effort are rewarded
- Company paid retirement plan, health insurance, and holiday/sick pay
- Work week is Monday thru Thursday with Fridays during the peak season (mid-January to mid-April) – flexible personal scheduling available
- Ongoing training and related education is provided
- Opportunity for growth in a positive and supportive work environment