Are you a person of integrity who enjoys helping others? If so, you might be a good fit for our team. The nature of our work asks us to be competent and conscientious in what we do. That can be challenging but is highly rewarding. We encourage our people and support their continual success and growth at work and in life. Our office environment is relaxed, flexible, and enjoyable.
Contact Peter for additional details.
Preparation of income tax returns, applicable tax research, and inquiry resolution. Background in accounting or bookkeeping is desirable. Some duties could involve representation before the Internal Revenue Service depending upon licensure and experience. Flexible hours, seasonal, part-time, and/or full-time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare federal and state income tax returns, including some amended and prior-year returns, for entities, businesses, and individuals
- Adjustment of compiled financial statements for use with income tax reporting
- Diagnose and advise on general inquiries, including client notices from taxing authorities
- Critical thinking skills will help with appropriate conclusions and effective communication
- Some tax research and communication with clients
- Minimum licensure: Oregon LTC; Helpful designation: Enrolled Agent, CPA or Tax Attorney
- Understanding of generally accepted tax accounting principles (GATAP) used in financial bookkeeping compilation
- Some experience with Ultra Tax, QuickBooks Online (QBO), and MS Office suite
- Must be available full-time during mid-January to mid-April, flexible scheduling and hours available after peak season
- Optional licensure to represent clients before the IRS is helpful (EA, CPA or Tax Attorney)
- Compensation commensurate with knowledge and experience; hourly with performance and seasonal bonuses; integrity and effort are rewarded
- Company paid retirement plan, health insurance, and holiday/sick pay
- Work week is Monday thru Thursday with Fridays during the peak season (mid-January to mid-April) – flexible personal scheduling available
- Ongoing training and related education is provided
- Opportunity for growth in a positive and supportive work environment